Saturday, July 16, 2016

Running Away

I am running away... No, not from home, but from everything I have came to known in the past year.. My boyfriend of my teenage dream relationship and I have called the quits on our lovely, blissful relationship, and I'm running away. I want to start over, I want to meet new people, I want to try new foods, maybe get my cartilage pierced? I want to grow and flourish in different ways. After all this is my senior year, might as well live it up and learn about myself before I enter the real world.

You're probably wondering something along the lines like "Damn.. A whole year down the drain and you aren't upset? Did it even mean anything?" Well of course, I was devistated and tears where shed but I have peace with the stitation because I know I cannot change it, nor would it be worth it to change because it will just end drastically again. Having peace after a breakup is honestly one of the best things. You might feel like your world is falling into pieces, but realizing that what is meant to happen is going to happen and you have no power to change, is ok. And you'll be ok.

You have to cry, you have to let out your anger. I always thought that you had to hide your feelings and act like your life isn't crumbling, but that isn't true. Let out all emotions, let them out and be proud, because your human and after getting disappointed by someone who you thought would never let you down hurts like shit. Watch a sad, soppy movie and eat all the comfort foods in the world, but don't let this phase last forever...

... Pick yourself up and start over. Run away from everything you've known. Try new things, talk to new people. Let yourself explore and grow. Learn how to accept that you can't change everything. You can't control others, and they can't control you. Make peace with your ex, and be ok when they start over. It's only human, to start over. My favorite quote right now is by F. Scott Fitzgerald- "For what it's worth: it's never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you're proud of. And if you find that your not, I hope you have the strength to start over." It just speaks to me because for the past year, I have only known myself as "Pauls girlfriend" never just "Lu." I'm excited to be known for myself, and be whoever I want to be. I'm excited to do myself!

So lovely lu readers; if your going through a heartbreak or a loss of a loved one, pick yourself up and run away. I hope you find the encouragement to start over, learn to love the tears strolling down your cheek, and peace within something you cannot change. If you guys ever need to talk, I promise I'm always here.

With Love,
Lu (PS: I'm going to start writing a lot more!)