Sunday, July 17, 2016

SELF LOVE

My whole life as a teenager, I've struggled with the concept of self love. I was always an attention seeker. I loved to have eyes on me for all the wrong reasons. I loved to start drama, show off my body (I literally have a body of a 12 yr old boy??) act stupid, and be the loud girl in class. I acted like I had it all together, when really I was dying on the inside. I hated myself. As I've grown up, I've learned a lot about myself and really came to realize who I am. It's been a long journey, but at 17 years old I can say I'm comfortable in my skin. Self love doesn't come over night, you just don't fall asleep thinking, "I want to be confident" and wake up glowing! It comes with tears, and over coming fears. If your anything like me, you're probably searching online like "tips to be confident" (there's nothing wrong with doing that-- trust me! I'm just as guilty as doing it also..) and luckily for you, here are my tips and advice, that really helped me loved myself


  • Don't stress the little things- the pimple on cheek will not determine anything in your future
  • Only you know yourself best- if you need to stay home for the weekend, then do it! Take a hot bath, watch a good movie, the party doesn't matter! 
  • Others opinions don't matter- honestly, at the end of the day, it's only you who matter. If you like those new shoes but they aren't in style then who cares????
  • Love your body- now this is a hard one, personally I always struggled with loving my body. I always wanted a bigger butt or a skinnier belly. You're body is you're body. If you want to get skinnier, then put in the effort to work out more (but please remember to workout at a healthy rate.) Thats what I did. I put in the time and effort to get my body to where it is now. No I didn't starve myself, or work out every waking moment. Your skin should fit like a cozy sweater, not like the itchy one your crazy aunt bought for you the past 3 holidays. 
  • Learn how to dance with yourself, and only yourself- sometimes your going to be your biggest fan and you gotta learn to love all those awkward quirks and moments. You gotta love the way you look when you wake up, you gotta love the way your legs look in high heels, the way your voice sounds after crying. 
  • Say your name in the mirror, over and over- Of course your name sounds beautiful when it's coming from your crush, or your comfort zone mother/friend. But your name needs to sound beautiful to you. You are the only one who can determine your worth and trust me, it's a lot more than the teenage boy dming you. 
  • Don't be afraid to go out of your comfort zone- try everything! That's the only way you learn who you truly are. Try new foods, new friends, new music, new clothes! Try a new sport, or a new Netflix series. Try reading a new book. 
I hope these help you find yourself, the same way they helped me! Remember: it doesn't come over night!
With Love, 
Lu